* Spaghetti sauce is available in a 30 ounce jar and also in smaller containers. For this recipe, I use about 1- half to 2 jars of the Ragu Sauce in the 30 ounce container.
1. Thaw the spinach and squeeze dry.
2. In a large container mix the two cheeses, beaten egg, black pepper, oregano and basil. Add the thawed spinach and blend well.
3. Use a 13 x 23 cm pan. Put a small amount of the sauce in bottom and spread lightly to cover bottom. This keeps the lasagna from sticking as it cooks, and enables you to remove it easily in neat portions.
4. Place one third of the uncooked noodles, one third of the sauce and one third of the cheese-spinach mixture. Make 3 layers this way, ending with the sauce.
5. Combine the water and vegetable juice cocktail or tomato juice.
Pour this carefully around the edges of the casserole, moving the noodles slightly with a spatula to get the liquid distributed evenly. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese if desired.
6. Cover tightly with foil. Bake at 180ºC or 1 hour to 1 and quarter hours. Remove foil and continue baking for a few minutes more, until lightly browned and bubbling.
7. Let stand for at least 15 minutes before serving. This lasagna can be sliced with a flat edged spatula and lifted out in serving-sized portions.