- 14 clams (canned minced drained)
- 2 potatoes
- 2 cans cream of celery soup
- 1 onion (finely chopped)
- 700 ml milk
- 1 gr pepper
- 6 slices bacon crosswise (cut)
1. Cook the bacon in a Dutch oven over medium heat until crisp. Remove the bacon with a slotted spoon to paper toweling to drain. Coarsley chop bacon and set aside.
2. Carefully pour off all but 1 Tablespoon of the bacon fat. Add the onion to the Dutch oven; cook over medium-low heat until tender and lightly browned, about 6 minutes. Add the reserved liquid from the clams and the potatoes. Lower heat; simmer, covered, until the potatoes are tender, about 15 minutes.
3. Add the celery soup, milk and pepper to the Dutch oven. Gently heat through; do not boil. Stir in the reserved clams and bacon. Gently heat through. Serve the chowder immediately.
Family Circle 0.065217391304348 *