1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Have ready 2 miniature muffin tins with cups that measure about 5 cm across and 2 cm deep.
2. For crust, beat butter with cream cheese until smooth. Add flour and mix until a dough forms. Divide into 24 balls. With your fingers, press each ball into an ungreased muffin cup, taking care to make a smooth, even layer over the bottom and up the sides.
3. For filling, whisk egg in a medium bowl. Add sugar, butter and salt and mix well.
4. Spoon about half teaspoon chopped pecans into each crust. Add filling so it comes almost to the top of the cups, making sure it doesn't spill over. Sprinkle remaining pecans over the top.
5. Bake 15 minutes. Reduce oven to 250 degrees and continue to bake until crust is light brown at the edges, 10 minutes. Cool. When muffin tin is cool enough to handle, loosen cups from the sides of the tin and carefully transfer to a wire rack. Cool to room temperature. This second place winner is by Frances Marcinkiewicz of Countryside, Illinois. from the Chicago Tribune fifth annual Food Guide Holiday Cookie Contest December 3, 1992 ----