1. In a large bowl thoroughly mix 2 cups of the flour, the sugar, yeast and salt.
2. Combine milk, water, and butter in a saucepan. Place over low heat and stir until butter is melted. Mixture should be just warm, about 115-120'F. on thermometer.
3. Gradually add milk mixture to dry ingredients and eat for 2 minutes at medium speed of electric mixer, scraping bowl often. Add eggs and beat well.
4. With a wooden spoon stir in sufficient additional flour (3 to 3- half cups) to make a soft dough. turn out on a lightly floured board and knead about 10 minutes, or unil satiny and smooth. Form into a ball and place in a warm bowl that has been generously greased with soft butter at room temperature. Turn to coat all sides with butter. Cover and let rise in a warm place until double in bulk, about 1 hour.
5. Punch down and shape into small balls. Place about 1 cm apart on greased baking sheets and again let stand free from drafts in a warm place until double in bulk.
6. Bake in preheated 350'F. oven for 25-30 minutes, or until lightly browned.
7. Serve warm.
8. If necessary, undercook rolls just slightly; then reheat just before serving.
9. If desired, you may fold in about 1 cup lightly floured raisins to dough during final kneading. Then frost rolls while warm with Confectioners' Sugar Glaze.
CONFECTIONERS' SUGAR GLAZE Combine sugar with 1 tablespoon orange juice. Add sufficient additioal orange juice to make a medium-thin glaze.